Strawberry Frosting Recipe
This easy strawberry frosting recipe will dress up any plain cake or cupcake.
Made with fresh or frozen strawberries, it is a scrumptious strawberry cream cheese frosting.
Have an abundance of fresh strawberries? You can easily freeze them and make strawberry frosting any time of year. To learn how to freeze strawberries, click here.
If you want to make a tasty frosting with a pretty pink tint, this strawberry icing is perfect.
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 package (8-ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 package (16-ounces) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. If using fresh strawberries, gently wash and pat them dry. Remove stems. If using frozen strawberries, thaw and drain them.
2. In a blender or small food processor, puree the strawberries. Strain puree through a fine sieve. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy.
4. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add powdered sugar, beating until well combined.
5. Add vanilla and strawberry puree, stirring just until blended. Do not over mix. Frosting should be dense and creamy and good spreading consistency. If frosting is too thin, stir in a little additional powdered sugar.
Return to How to make Frosting
Return from Strawberry Frosting Recipe to Home