Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe
With this strawberry cupcakes recipe, you get the sweetness of strawberries in every bite.
An easy recipe, these cupcakes from scratch taste as good as they look.
These naturally colored pink cupcakes are good for any occasion, especially for baby showers, if it’s a girl, and birthdays.
While perfect for summer cupcakes when there is an abundance of fresh strawberrries, these cupcakes can be made any time of year with frozen strawberries.
Yield: 16 cupcakes
- 2-1/2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 3-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons pureed strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with 16 cupcake liners.
2. Place strawberries in a small food processor or blender. Process until pureed. You should have about 1-1/4 cups of pureed strawberries. Remove 3 tablespoons pureed strawberries and set aside to use in frosting.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into a bowl. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar together until pale yellow. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture alternating with the sour cream. Gently stir in the pureed strawberries. Spoon batter evenly into the cupcake liners three-quarters full.
5. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place cupcakes on wire rack to cool completely.
6. To prepare frosting, in a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter until creamy. Reduce mixer speed and slowly add powdered sugar, beating until well combined. Add vanilla and 3 tablespoons strawberry puree, stirring until just blended. Frost cooled cupcakes.
Return to How to make Cupcakes
Return from Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe to Easy Baking Recipes