Red Velvet Pound Cake is a buttery Bundt cake with a cream cheese glaze
Red Velvet Pound Cake is a buttery Bundt cake with a cream cheese glaze.
In this recipe, red velvet cake ingredients and pound cake ingredients are combined. The result is a moist red velvet cake that tastes delicious and looks beautiful on any dessert table.
Red Velvet Pound Cake Recipe
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) bottle red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, sour cream, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, with mixer set on medium speed, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl after each addition.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternately with the buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon the batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Prepare Cream Cheese Glaze. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until combined. Add milk, beating until smooth.
8. Drizzle cooled cake with Cream Cheese Glaze. Slice and enjoy.
Return from Red Velvet Pound Cake to Home
Return to Red Velvet Cake Recipes