Orange Frosting Recipe
If you like the taste of fresh oranges, try this fluffy orange frosting recipe.
An easy frosting to make, it is a creamy powdered sugar frosting. The refreshing orange flavor makes this an especially good topping for vanilla, chocolate and spice cakes and cupcakes.
This homemade frosting can easily be adjusted to a lemon frosting recipe. Just substitute lemon juice for the orange juice and add grated lemon rind instead of orange rind.
A quick and easy frosting to make, this recipe makes enough to fill and frost a 2-layer 9-inch cake or 24 cupcakes.
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 (1 pound) box powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 to 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 to 4 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, cream the butter until fluffy.
2. Beat in powdered sugar, a little at a time, adding alternately with orange juice.
3. Mix in orange rind, almond extract and salt and beat until satiny and good spreading consistency. If mixture seems too stiff, thin with a little additional orange juice.
Return to How to make Frosting
Return from Orange Frosting Recipe to Home