New York Cheesecake Recipe
This easy New York Cheesecake Recipe is for Junior’s cheesecake. Rich and creamy, it is a cheesecake lovers’ dream.
In 1950, Junior’s Restaurant Founder Harry Rosen worked with Master Baker Eigel Peterson to create what is known today as "The World's Most Fabulous Cheesecake". The result was based on a recipe that was in the Rosen family for three generations. In a memorial to Mr. Rosen, the New York Times published Junior’s Cheesecake Recipe on October 11, 1996.
In a 2010 episode of Food Feuds, Junior’s cheesecake was chosen as the Best New York Cheesecake.
With this easy recipe, you can easily make this fabulous cheesecake at home.
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sifted cornstarch
- 30 ounces (3-3/4 large packages) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Generously butter the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan. Lightly coat the bottom of the pan with the graham cracker crumbs and refrigerate the pan.
3. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Beat in the cream cheese. Beat in the egg. Slowly drizzle in the heavy cream, beating constantly. Add the vanilla and stir well. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
4. Bake until the top is golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Then cover the cake in the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate until it's completely cold, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Return to New York Cheesecake Recipes
Return to Home