Tropical Mango Cake Recipe
Bring the flavor of the islands to your kitchen with this mango cake recipe. Chock full of aromatic spices, mangos, raisins and nuts, this tropical treat is sure to be a hit.
When making this easy cake recipe, you can use fresh mango, frozen mango that has been thawed or jarred mango. A simple glaze of powdered sugar and orange mango juice adds sweetness and moisture to this delicious cake.
A homemade cake recipe, this flavorful cake is good to serve any time of the year, whether on sunny summer days or cold wintry evenings.
- 2-1/2 cups diced mango
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup orange mango juice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
2. Place diced mangos in a medium bowl. Add lemon juice and toss mangos to coat evenly. Set aside.
3. Into a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, ginger, salt, cloves and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla and sugar until well combined. Add mangos and stir to mix. Add flour mixture and mix well. Add raisins and nuts and gently stir until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. To prepare the Mango Glaze: Combine powdered sugar with juice, stirring to mix well. If glaze is too thin, add a little additional powdered sugar. If glaze is too thick, add a few drops of additional juice until glaze is right consistency. Spoon glaze over warm cake.
Return to Easy Cake Recipes
Return from Mango Cake Recipe to Easy Baking Recipes