Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
These lemon cake mix cookies turn out perfect every time. Great tasting and super easy, they are a nice contrast to include on an assorted cookie tray.
Good any time, these cookies from cake mix are light and refreshing. Sure to disappear quickly, these cookies look especially appetizing with their crackled appearance and a dusting of white powdered sugar on top.
Easy Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
Yield: 2 to 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 - 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, add cake mix, oil, eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest. Using a spoon, mix well.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets, spaced 2 inches apart. For thinner crispier cookies, lightly press the dough down to flatten.
4. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the cookies as soon as the edges begin to brown. Place cookies in a single layer on wire racks to cool. Dust with powdered sugar. Store any leftover cookies in an air-tight container.
Try one of these variations for lemon cake mix cookies:
Lemon Raspberry Cookies: Roll cookies into 1-inch balls. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the middle of the ball. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon of raspberry jam into the indentation. Bake as directed.
Lemon White Chocolate Cookies: Add 1 package (6 ounces) of white chocolate chips to the cookie batter. Bake as directed.
Lemon Pie Cookies: Roll cookies into 1-inch balls. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the middle of each ball. Bake as directed. When cookies are cool, fill them with lemon pie filling.
Lemon Cooler Cookies: Substitute the lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of lemonade powder. Bake as directed.
Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies: Add 1/2 cup poppy seeds to cookie dough. Bake as directed.
Lemon Pecan Cookies: Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to cookie dough. Bake as directed.
Lemon Glazed Cookies: Make a glaze by mixing 1 cup of powdered sugar with enough lemon juice to make a thick glaze, 1 to 2 tablespoons. Spoon glaze over each cooled cookie.
Return to Box Cake Mix Recipes
Return from Lemon Cake Mix Cookies to Easy Baking Recipes