Easy Lemon Bar Recipe
This Lemon Bar recipe has a sweetened crust topped with a zesty lemon filling.
A delightful combination of sweet and tart, lemon bar cookies taste like a classic lemon pie in easy to eat individual servings.
Lemon bars became very popular after the recipe appeared in Betty Crocker's Cooky Book in 1963.
If you are looking for an easy bar cookie recipe, try this refreshing lemony delight.
Yield: 2 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or your fingers, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Spoon mixture into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Press firmly and evenly into pan using fingertips.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of flour and baking powder. Set aside.
5. Combine eggs, 2 cups sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice. Stir well. Add flour mixture and stir well. Pour mixture over baked crust.
6. Return to oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Dust lightly with powdered sugar and cut into bars.
Return to Cookie Bar Recipes
Return to Easy Baking Recipes from Lemon Bar Recipe