Easy Key Lime Rum Cake
With this key lime rum cake, you will feel like you’re in the islands.
The easy rum glaze is absorbed throughout this rum soaked cake.
An easy recipe for rum cake, it is based on a cake mix with the added zest of fresh key lime juice. Make this moist, delicious key lime rum cake a day or two ahead as it will taste even better when the flavors have time to blend.
Key Lime Glaze
- 1 package (18-1/2 ounces) yellow cake mix with pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1 tablespoon grated key lime rind
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1 teaspoon grated key lime rind
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, eggs, key lime juice, oil, rum and key lime rind. Stir until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Remove cake from oven and let cool in pan. When pan is cool enough to handle, remove cake from pan. With a toothpick or thin skewer, prick top of cake.
4. Prepare Key Lime Glaze. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in key lime juice and sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rum and key lime rind.
5. Spoon and brush glaze over tops and sides, until the cake absorbs all the glaze. Slice and enjoy.
Return to Key Lime Cake Recipes
Return from Key Lime Rum Cake to Home