Key Lime Pound Cake
With this key lime pound cake you will feel like being in the islands without having to leave your house.
A buttery, moist homemade cake, this recipe for key lime cake has a key lime glaze.
As with most pound cake recipes, this cake is easy to mix but will take longer to bake than most cakes.
Key Lime Pound Cake Recipe
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated key lime rind
Key Lime Glaze:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated key lime rind
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, with mixer set on medium speed, cream together butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Stir in key lime juice, vanilla extract and key lime rind.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 90 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn it out onto a wire rack. While warm, prick the top of cake with toothpick or a thin skewer.
5. Prepare Key Lime Glaze: In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter and key lime juice. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in key lime rind. Pour glaze over warm cake. Cool completely.
Return to Key Lime Cake Recipes
Return from Key Lime Pound Cake to Home