Easy Key Lime Cake
quick and easy dessert
If you like key lime cake and want a quick and easy dessert, this recipe is for you.
Using cake mix as a base and adding fresh ingredients, this key lime recipe is short on time but the result is anything but short on flavor.
The tartness of key lime juice is paired with a sweet cream cheese frosting in this flavorful green cake.
Easy Key Lime Cake Recipe
Easy Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package ((18-1/2 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice
- Grated rind of 2 key limes or 1 lime
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime flavored gelatin mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh key lime juice
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to baking temperature instructed on cake mix box. Grease and flour three 8-inch cake pans.
2. Combine cake mix, gelatin mix, oil, eggs and key lime juice. Pour batter equally into three cake pans. Bake according to instructions on box. Cakes are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove cakes from oven and place on wire racks to cool. When pans are cool enough to handle, remove the cakes from pans and continue to cool on wire racks.
3. Make the cream cheese frosting. In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add key lime juice and confectioners sugar, a little at a time until well blended.
4. When cakes are completely cool, place one layer of cake on plate and frost top of cake. Place second layer of cake on top and frost top. Place third cake layer and frost top and all sides of the cake.
Return to Key Lime Cake Recipes
Return to Home