Granola Bar Recipe
This Granola Bar recipe makes bar cookies that are packed with flavor.
Oats, coconut, peanut butter, peanuts and raisins are combined with the sweetness of brown sugar and honey.
Not only will this chewy granola bar satisfy your sweet tooth, it is good for an afternoon pick-me-up or even breakfast on the go.
Yield: 2 dozen
- 2-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Combine oats and coconut in baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and set aside. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
3. In a medium sauce pan, combine butter, sugar and honey. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until peanut butter melts. Pour over oat mixture. Add peanuts and raisins and stir well. Mixture will seem dry at first, continue stirring until moist. Press mixture firmly into baking pan with greased fingertips.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Return to Cookie Bar Recipes
Return to Easy Baking Recipes from Granola Bar Recipe