Gingerbread Cookie Recipes
The entire family can take part in making these gingerbread cookie recipes. Starting with a cake mix, even the smallest hands can help with these easy Christmas cookies.
Whether you are looking for a sweet treat or cookies to hang on the tree, these cookies are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
Easy Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Yield: 3 dozen
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) gingerbread cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, add eggs and oil to cake mix and combine until smooth. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet or baking pan. For thinner cookies, slightly flatten cookies using the back of a spoon or a glass.
3. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until slightly brown, being careful not to overcook. Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Try one of these variations for Gingerbread Cookie Recipes:
Caramel Pecan Gingerbread Cookies: When cookies are removed from the oven, immediately press a pecan half into the center of each cookie. Top each with 1/4 teaspoon of caramel topping. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Almond Gingerbread Cookies: Roll cookie balls in 1-1/3 cups sliced almonds, pressing almonds into dough. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake as directed.
Chocolate Kiss Gingerbread Cookies: When cookies are removed from the oven, immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Sugar Gingerbread Cookies: Roll cookie balls in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake as directed.
Gingerbread Cookies Recipe for Gingerbread People
Yield: 12 to 14 six-inch gingerbread people
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Assorted candies or raisins for decorations
1. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, flour, eggs, oil, molasses and ginger (mixture will be soft). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with gingerbread man cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheet 3 inches apart. Decorate with assorted candies or raisins.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Remove immediately to cooling rack. Do not over bake.
To use these gingerbread people for hanging Christmas tree ornaments, make a hole in each cookie with a straw or meat skewer in the head section of cookies before baking. After cookies have been baked and are completely cooled, place a strip of ribbon through the hole and tie the cookies onto tree branches.
Return to Box Cake Mix Recipes
Return from Gingerbread Cookie Recipes to Easy Baking Recipes