Easy Pumpkin Cake
Perfect when you have no time to shop for multiple ingredients, this easy pumpkin cake is made with just three ingredients. A simple cake recipe, it is easy and inexpensive to make. Your family and friends will be amazed. A moist, delicious cake, it tastes even better after it has time to rest.
While this cake is delicious as is, you can easily add raisins, mini chocolate chips, walnuts or pecans for even more variety.
To make this cake mix recipe egg free, substitute 1 cup of applesauce. The cake will be light, fluffy and delicious.
Whether served at room temperature, warm or chilled, this cake is incredibly simple and delicious.
There are many different ways to finish off this tasty cake:
- Sift powdered sugar over top of the cake for a simple but pleasing presentation.
- Serve each slice of the cake with a dollop of whipped cream sprinkled with a little pumpkin pie spice.
- Enhance this cake with a super simple glaze by combining 1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and 2 tablespoons of milk. Blend well and drizzle over warm cake.
- For the ultimate finish, top this cake with cream cheese frosting.
A delicious home baked cake couldn’t get any easier than this pumpkin cake recipe.
Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) spice cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 package (16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 9 x 13 x 2-inch inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the spice cake mix, canned pumpkin and eggs until well blended. Batter will be thick. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan.
4. To prepare Cream Cheese Frosting: In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, combine the butter and cream cheese, beating until smooth. Add confectioners’ sugar, a little at a time, and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat until well blended and good spreading consistency. Spread frosting generously on top of completely cooled cake. Store any leftover cake in the refrigerator.
Return to Box Cake Mix Recipes
Return from Easy Pumpkin Cake to Easy Baking Recipes