Creamcheese frosting is a classic frosting that is delicious on almost any cake or cupcake.
It is especially good for a carrot cake frosting and is often used for red velvet cake frosting.
To make the best cream cheese frosting, let the butter and cream cheese come to room temperature before mixing. Having softened ingredients makes mixing easier and the frosting will be smoother.
This easy cream cheese frosting yields about three cups. If you want extra flavor and texture, add one cup of chopped pecans to the frosting.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 package (16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, combine the butter and cream cheese, beating until smooth.
2. Add confectioners’ sugar, a little at a time, and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla and beat until well blended.
Return to How to make Frosting
Return from Creamcheese Frosting to Home