Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you like soft and chewy cookies, these chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are for you.
A homemade cookie recipe, these drop cookies combine two favorites in one cookie.
To ensure these easy oatmeal cookies are chewy, watch them closely while they are baking. Check them for doneness at the lower end of the time range. Once done, immediately remove them from the oven as leaving them in the oven one or two minutes longer will make the cookies crispier. As soon as they are out of the oven, transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool.
Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Yield: 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie baking sheet(s) or line with parchment paper.
2. Sift flour with baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir butter and sugar together until just mixed. Blend in flour mixture, oats, eggs and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on baking sheet(s).
4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned and tops spring back when touched. Remove from oven and place cookies in a single layer on wire racks to cool.
Return to Easy to make Cookies
Return to Home