Carrot Bread Recipe
This carrot bread recipe is a delicious way to add more vegetables to your diet. Chock full of carrots, raisins and pineapple, this recipe for sweet bread will please even picky eaters. A super moist and delicious breakfast bread, this carrot bread is good enough to serve for dessert.
To make this easy quick bread recipe even faster, use a food processor to grate the carrots or purchase grated carrots at your local grocery. They can be found in the produce section or salad bar section at most markets.
A quick bread recipe that yields two loaves, enjoy one loaf now and freeze one loaf to enjoy later.
Yield: 2 loaves
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 x 3-inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add raisins and stir to mix. Set aside.
3. Place the eggs in a separate bowl and lightly beat them. Add vegetable oil, applesauce, carrots, pineapple and vanilla. Stir to mix well.
4. Add carrot mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon the batter equally into loaf pans.
5. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes until bread shrinks slightly from sides of the pan and is springy to the touch. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pans for 10 minutes. When pan is cool enough to handle, remove bread from pans and let cool on wire racks.
Return to Easy Bread Recipes
Return from Carrot Bread Recipe to Easy Baking Recipes