Easy Brownie Cupcake Recipe
If you like brownies and cake, this brownie cupcake recipe is the best of both.
Starting with a packaged brownie mix, this easy cupcake recipe is ready for the oven in no time. A creamy homemade chocolate frosting is the perfect finish for these sweet delights.
To make the brownie cupcakes more cake-like, add one additional egg to the oil, water and eggs required on the brownie mix package.
This chocolate cupcake recipe can be adjusted to make several different cupcakes. For a variation, substitute the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips or miniature peanut butter cups. Chocolate mint chips, white chocolate chips or dark unsweetened chips can also be used.
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 package (18 1/2-ounces) chewy fudge brownie mix
- Oil, water and eggs as directed on package, plus 1 additional egg
- 1 package (12-ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, regular or dark
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 regular muffin cups with paper or foil cupcake liners.
2. Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions. Mix in 1 additional egg. Fill the cups half full with brownie batter. Place about 1 tablespoon chocolate chips in the center of each cupcake.
3. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the cupcakes are set. Remove from oven and cool cupcakes on wire rack.
4. Prepare frosting. In a small sauce pan or in the microwave, melt the butter. Pour the melted butter into a medium bowl and stir in the cocoa. With mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar, alternately with the milk. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat frosting until smooth and good spreading consistency. If frosting is too thick, add a small amount of additional milk. Stir in vanilla. Frost cooled cupcakes. Store cupcakes in an airtight container.
Return to How to make Cupcakes
Return from Brownie Cupcake Recipe to Easy Baking Recipes