Easy Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
This Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe is an easy coffee cake to make using canned pie filling.
A homemade coffee cake with two layers of streusel topping, it takes only minutes to mix.
Whether having a relaxing morning with your family or having breakfast on the go, this blue berry coffee cake makes a delicious breakfast coffee cake.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (22 ounces) blueberry canned pie filling
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
2. In a small sauce pan or in the microwave, melt 1 stick of butter. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together with a fork, the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla extract and beat with a spoon until well mixed. Pour the batter evenly into baking pan.
4. In a small bowl, with your fingers or a fork, combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons butter. Stir until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle 1/2 of streusel mixture evenly over the top of the batter.
5. Spoon the canned pie filling over the top of the crumb mixture. Cover the pie filling with the remaining streusel mixture.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until top of blue berry coffee cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Return to Easy Coffee Cake Recipes
Return from Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe to Home