Best Chocolate Frosting Recipe
The best chocolate frosting recipe is a rich decadent frosting.
A buttery, creamy powdered sugar frosting, it is not a low calorie recipe. Full of chocolate flavor, it will make any baked good great and makes up for the calories.
A versatile frosting, it is perfect for a brownie frosting, cupcake frosting and a cake frosting. This recipe yields about three cups.
Indulge yourself, family and friends with this chocolate lover’s frosting.
- 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, at room temperature
1. Sift powdered sugar. Set aside.
2. Combine chocolate chips, half-and-half and butter in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
3. Remove from heat and blend in powdered sugar.
4. Set sauce pan in ice and beat with mixer on medium speed until frosting holds its shape and is good spreading consistency.
Return to How to make Frosting
Return from Best Chocolate Frosting Recipe to Home