Almond Cake Recipe with Raspberry Sauce
Anyone can easily make a simple yet elegant dessert with this almond cake recipe with raspberry sauce. A homemade cake recipe, almond paste gives this cake its’ exceptional almond flavor.
If you have never used almond paste, it is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. Used extensively in Scandinavian baking, it is widely available today.
The raspberry sauce recipe is easy to make and is the perfect complement to this cake. The combination of sweet cake dusted with powdered sugar and colorful raspberry sauce not only looks good, it tastes good. Whether for a special occasion or week night dessert, this delicious cake is the perfect ending to a meal and is sure to impress your family and friends.
Almond Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Powdered sugar
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8-inch round cake pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, with mixer set at medium speed, cream the butter with the almond paste. Gradually add 3/4 cup granulated sugar, beat until well blended. Add eggs, amaretto and almond extract, beat well. Add flour mixture, beating just until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
5. When cake has cooled, sift powdered sugar over cake and set aside.
6. To prepare raspberry sauce: Place raspberries and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar in container of blender or food processor. Process until pureed. Strain sauce and discard seeds.
To serve the cake: Spoon the raspberry sauce onto individual dessert plates and top with slices of cake.
Return to Easy Cake Recipes
Return from Almond Cake Recipe to Easy Baking Recipes