Easy Recipe for Rhubarb Coffee Cake
This easy recipe for Rhubarb Coffee Cake makes a delicious, moist morning treat.
A cake mix coffee cake with fresh rhubarb, it is ready for the oven in just minutes. The tartness of the rhubarb and the sweetness of the cake are a winning combination.
Tossing the rhubarb with flour before adding it to the batter will keep it from sinking to the bottom of the coffee cake while baking.
Covered with a crumbly streusel topping, this easy coffee cake is good for breakfast, brunch or a coffee break at work.
Recipe for Rhubarb Coffee Cake
- 1 box moist white or yellow cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour bottom and sides of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, with mixer set on low speed, beat cake mix, milk, vanilla, eggs and cream cheese until blended, about 1 minute. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes, scraping bowl often. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, toss rhubarb and 1/4 cup of the flour. Fold rhubarb into the batter. Spread batter into pan.
4. In a small bowl, mix sugar, remaining 1/4 cup flour and the butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over top of batter.
5. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More Easy Coffee Cake Recipes
Return from Recipe for Rhubarb Coffee Cake to Home