Pecan Pie Bar Recipe
This Pecan Pie Bar recipe makes a favorite Southern dessert in the form of bar cookies.
A perfect addition to your holiday dessert table, these rich pecan bar cookies will quickly disappear.
An easy bar cookie recipe, it is baked in two stages. The crust is first baked and then topped with scrumptious pecan pie filling and baked again.
This pecan bar recipe yields 2-1/2 dozen delectable bar cookies.
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
2. Combine flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cut in 3/4 cup butter with pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions) until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press mixture evenly into baking pan.
3. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. Leave oven on.
4. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, eggs, corn syrup, melted butter and salt, beating well. Stir in pecans. Pour filling over prepared crust.
5. Return to oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into bars.
Return to Cookie Bar Recipes
Return to Easy Baking Recipes from Pecan Pie Bar Recipe