Peanut Butter Bar Recipe
If you are looking for an easy bar cookie recipe, this Peanut Butter Bar recipe takes only minutes to make.
A delicious combination of flavors, chocolate chips are melted with creamy peanut butter to make these peanut butter bars yummy.
To make cutting the bars easier, use a pizza cutter. Rinse the pizza cutter in hot water between cuts to make smooth even bars.
This easy peanut butter cookie bar is best served chilled.
Yield: 2-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 package (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pat mixture into an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
4. In a small sauce pan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts. Spread over crust. Chill until firm. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator and serve chilled.
Return to Cookie Bar Recipes
Return to Easy Baking Recipes from Peanut Butter Bar Recipe