Easy Magic Bar Recipe
This Magic Bar recipe makes one of the most popular bar cookies.
Also called Seven Layer Heaven and Dream Bars, these rich sweet treats have it all. Layers of graham crackers, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, nuts and coconut are combined with butter and sweetened condensed milk.
An easy bar cookie recipe, the ingredients are placed directly into the baking pan so there is no mixing and there are no bowls to clean.
A quick and easy confection to make, this magic cookie bar recipe yields four dozen bars.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups (21 squares)) graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (6 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 cup flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in a 13 x 9-inch pan. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter evenly. Pour condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Top evenly with layers of chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, nuts and then coconut. Press down gently.
3. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool. Cut into bars.
Return to Cookie Bar Recipes
Return to Easy Baking Recipes from Magic Bar Recipe