Zuchinni Bread Recipe
This zuchinni bread recipe has been around for over 50 years. A tried and true heirloom recipe for sweet bread, it is easy to make. Deliciously moist and full flavored, this quick bread recipe is a good and tasty way to add zucchini to your diet.
Make perfect loaves every time with this easy zucchini bread recipe. Simple to prepare, this breakfast treat or afternoon snack is a great way to hide veggies from the kids.
Have an abundance of zucchini? Try shredding the zucchini and freezing two cups at a time in zip lock bags. Then you can enjoy zucchini bread any time, even when zucchini is out of season.
If you bake several loaves at a time, the bread can be frozen for up to 6 months. When loaves are completely cooled, just wrap the loaves tightly with plastic wrap or place them in freezer bags and freeze.
To dress the loaves up a bit for gift giving, coat the baking pans with sugar instead of flour after the pans have been greased.
Zuchinni Bread Recipe
Yield: 2 loaves
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat with mixer set at medium speed until well blended. Add zucchini, applesauce and orange juice. Stir well. Add flour mixture, stirring well. Add chopped nuts, stirring gently to combine.
4. Pour batter equally into two loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of loaves comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pans on wire racks. When pans are cool enough to handle, remove the zucchini bread from the pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
Return to Easy Bread Recipes
Return from Zuchinni Bread Recipe to Easy Baking Recipes