Easy Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust
Vanilla wafer pie crust is a versatile, simple crumb crust that can be used with any flavor pie.
An easy pie crust recipe, this sweet pie crust is especially good as a base for banana cream pie.
When used for frozen fillings, the crust can be used without baking. When used for other fillings, bake the crust slightly to set the crumbs. Cool the crust completely before filling.
- 34 vanilla wafers (1-1/2 cups crumbs)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place vanilla wafers in a plastic bag and roll with a rolling pin until finely crushed. The wafers can also be crushed in a food processor.
3. In a small bowl or directly in the pie plate, combine crumbs, butter and sugar and mix well.
4. Using the back of a spoon, firmly press crumb mixture into bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before filling.
Return to Best Pie Crust Recipes
Return from Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust to Home