Easy Pumpkin Bar Recipe
This Pumpkin Bar recipe makes soft moist pumpkin bars that are filled with brown sugar, cinnamon and nutty flavors.
Frosted with cream cheese frosting, they are a delicious fall dessert.
Using canned pumpkin, this easy bar cookie recipe can be mixed and in the oven in no time at all.
Good for a large group or party, this recipe yields four dozen bars.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugars, pumpkin, eggs and butter. Stir well. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir well. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring until well blended. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into baking pan.
4. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan on a wire rack.
5. Prepare frosting. Combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla in a bowl. Beat until smooth. Spread frosting and cut into bars.
Return to Cookie Bar Recipes
Return to Easy Baking Recipes from Pumpkin Bar Recipe