Easy Pecan Coffee Cake Recipe
This Pecan Coffee Cake recipe makes a delicious moist sour cream cinnamon coffee cake loaded with pecans.
Your family will gather in the kitchen when they get a whiff of this coffee cake baking in the oven. A classic Bundt coffee cake, it is topped with a sweet confectioners’ sugar glaze.
Whether a special occasion or a weekend breakfast with family and friends, everyone will enjoy this delicious homemade coffee cake.
Pecan Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 carton (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Confectioners Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1-2 tablespoons water or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt pan or tube pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, chopped pecans and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, cream butter. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to creamed butter mixture alternately with the sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in vanilla extract.
5. Spoon half of the batter into the pan. Spoon half the pecan mixture on top of the batter, swirling partially through batter with a knife. Spoon remaining batter and then pecan mixture into pan. With a knife, swirl partially through the batter.
6. Bake coffee cake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. When pan is cool enough to handle, remove the pecan coffee cake and cool on wire rack.
7. Prepare confectioners’ sugar glaze. Combine confectioners’ sugar, water or milk, and vanilla extract. Stir well until blended. Place coffee cake on serving plate and drizzle glaze on top and sides of coffee cake.
Return to Easy Coffee Cake Recipes
Return from Pecan Coffee Cake Recipe to Home