Moist Banana Bread Recipe
This moist banana bread recipe is a great way to turn extra ripe bananas into a sweet and tasty treat. This classic quick bread is good served for breakfast, for a snack, with lunch or even as dessert after dinner. Perfectly moist and yet hearty enough for any butter or jam spread if desired.
A no-fail recipe, this quick banana bread recipe is perfect for when you get an urge to bake something fresh, whether you are new to baking or have been baking for years. It comes out perfect each time and is incredibly moist. As with most quick breads, it tastes even better after it sits for a few days.
An easy banana bread recipe, this recipe is made with common kitchen ingredients. Even clean up is a breeze as the batter is mixed together in one bowl. So simple yet so delicious, your house will be filled with the wonderful aroma of the baking bread.
A thoughtful hostess gift, this quick banana nut bread will be welcomed at any occasion. Bake the batter in mini loaf pans to give to family, friends or coworkers for personal treats. Be sure to reduce the baking time when using mini loaf pans to 40 to 45 minutes.
A versatile recipe, you can easily add an ingredient for variety. Raisins, dried fruit, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and blueberries are just a few of the items that you can use to jazz up this bread to suit your taste. To keep the chocolate chips or fruit from sinking to the bottom, coat them with a little flour before you add them to the banana bread batter.
For even more variety, add a crumbly topping to the bread. In a small bowl mix together 1/3 cup packed brown sugar, 2 tablespoons all purpose flour and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon of butter until you get a course cornmeal texture. Sprinkle on top of the batter before you bake it.
Moist Banana Bread Recipe
Yield: 1 loaf
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 4 x 8-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, mash the peeled bananas. Mix the butter into the mashed bananas. Add sugar, egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and stir. Add the flour and mix until blended. Stir in walnuts.
3. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan on a wire rack. When pan is cool enough to handle, remove the banana bread from pan and continue to cool on wire rack.
Return to Easy Bread Recipes
Return from Moist Banana Bread Recipe to Easy Baking Recipes