Key Lime Bundt Cake
Key Lime Bundt Cake with key lime glaze is a moist, scrumptious dessert.
A scratch key lime cake recipe, it is made with basic ingredients and fresh key lime juice.
This recipe for key lime cake can be made a day ahead, as the flavor only gets better.
Key Lime Bundt Cake Recipe
Key Lime Glaze:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated key lime rind
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated key lime rind
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting, optional
- Lime slices for decorating, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 10-inch Bundt pan.
2. Cream together the butter or margarine and 3/4 cup sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Separate the eggs. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, and add the key lime rind.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with 1/2 cup key lime juice.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold into the batter.
5. Pour batter into Bundt pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. When pan is cool enough to handle, remove cake from the pan and continue to cool on wire rack.
6. Prepare Key Lime Glaze. In a small sauce pan, combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup key lime juice. Simmer over medium low heat until a light syrup forms (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon key lime rind.
7. Place warm cake on serving plate, bottom side up. Prick bottom of cake with a thin skewer or fork. Spoon half of the glaze over bottom of cake. Allow cake to absorb glaze. Turn cake top side up and spoon or brush remaining glaze over top and sides. Before serving, sprinkle with additional confectioners’ sugar and garnish with lime slices, if desired.
Return to Key Lime Cake Recipes
Return from Key Lime Bundt Cake to Home