Homemade Chocolate Pie
This homemade chocolate pie is chocolate goodness with every bite.
Starting with an easy chocolate pie crust, there is chocolate from bottom to top.
An easy chocolate pie recipe, the crust does not have to be rolled and the filling ingredients are mixed together in one bowl.
If you prefer a less sweet pie, substitute unsweetened or dark chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chips.
Chocolate Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare chocolate pie crust. In a medium bowl, combine flour, butter, sugar, nuts and cocoa. Mix until soft dough forms. Pour mixture into an ungreased 9-inch pie plate and press firmly and evenly onto bottom and sides of pan.
3. Prepare chocolate filling. In a large bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, eggs and vanilla, stirring until blended. Add chocolate chips, stirring well. Pour mixture into pie shell.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and cool completely. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
Return to Easy Pie Recipes
Return from Homemade Chocolate Pie to Home