Hershey Kiss Cookies Recipe
Hershey kiss cookies have been baked and enjoyed for generations.
With this easy cookie recipe, you can make delicious chocolate kiss cookies that are full of chocolate flavor from top to bottom.
Hershey’s Kisses were first introduced in 1907. No one knows how they got their name, but according to Hershey’s website, a popular theory is that the candy was named for the sound the chocolate made when being deposited during the manufacturing process.
Make a hit with the chocolate lovers in your family with these chocolate blossom cookies.
Yield: 3 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 36 Hershey’s Kisses
- Granulated sugar for coating
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt and stir until well mixed. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, combine butter, sugar, egg and vanilla, beating until well blended. Add flour mixture, alternately with milk, beating until well blended. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is firm enough to handle.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove wrappers from chocolate kisses. Remove dough from refrigerator and shape into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and immediately press 1 candy kiss into the center of each cookie. Place cookies in a single layer on wire rack and let cool completely.
Return to Easy to make Cookies
Return from Hershey Kiss Cookies to Home