Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Fill your house with the wonderful aromas of cinnamon and cloves with this easy pumpkin bread recipe. Moist and delicious, this easy pumpkin bread is made with canned pumpkin.
An autumn favorite, perfect for breakfast, brunch or a snack, this recipe for pumpkin bread is especially good for holiday baking. Make your life less stressful during the busy season with this quick pumpkin bread. Made ahead of time and frozen, this pumpkin bread tastes as fresh and good as the day it was made. When properly wrapped and stored, it will keep for up to three months.
When baked in mini loaf pans, this easy pumpkin bread is a good addition to homemade food gift baskets. Whether for an open house, welcoming a new arrival or taking food to a sick friend, family member or neighbor, these delicious loaves will be a welcome, thoughtful gift.
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1-2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine sugar and eggs. Beat with mixer set on medium speed until well blended. Add pumpkin, oil and water, mixing well. Add flour mixture and stir well. Add chopped nuts, if desired, stirring well.
4. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan. When pan is cool enough to handle, remove the bread from the pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Return to Easy Bread Recipes
Return from Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe to Easy Baking Recipes