Easy Coconut Frosting Recipe
This coconut frosting recipe makes a simple frosting that is brimming with coconut flavor.
A homemade powdered sugar frosting, this recipe takes just a little more time to make than it would take to open a can of store bought frosting. And it tastes so much better.
Not just for coconut cake, this fluffy white frosting recipe makes a frosting that is good with chocolate, vanilla, yellow and key lime cakes and cupcakes, just to name a few.
A breeze to make, this recipe yields two cups of frosting. Bring a taste of the islands to your house with this sweet coconut easy frosting.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut plus additional for garnish, if desired
1. In a large bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat together butter, powdered sugar, milk and coconut extract. Once powdered sugar is mixed in, increase mixer speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy.
2. Stir in coconut. If desired, sprinkle top of cake or cupcakes with additional coconut for garnish.
Return to How to make Frosting
Return from Coconut Frosting Recipe to Home