Chocolate Pie Crust
A chocolate pie crust is the perfect fit for many flavors of pie.
A sweet pie crust, it is a pastry crust made with flour, confectioners’ sugar, cocoa, butter and nuts.
A homemade pie crust, it takes only minutes to prepare. You don’t even need a rolling pin, just pat the dough into the pie plate with your hands.
Try this pie crust with chocolate, peanut butter, pumpkin, strawberry or raspberry filling for a delicious dessert.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, butter, sugar, nuts and cocoa. Mix until soft dough forms. Pour mixture into an ungreased 9-inch pie plate and press firmly and evenly onto bottom and sides of pan.
2. Fill and bake as directed or to pre-bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake pie crust for 12 – 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack before filling.
Return to Best Pie Crust Recipes
Return from Chocolate Pie Crust to Easy Baking Recipes