Chocolate Glaze Frosting
Nothing could be easier than this chocolate glaze frosting. A powdered sugar icing recipe, it can be paired with many different flavored cakes, cupcakes or brownies.
As a vanilla cake icing, it looks prettiest when spread or drizzled over the cake so that some of the frosting runs down the sides of the cake. To add moistness, flavor and contrast throughout the cake, use a thin skewer to poke holes in the top of the cake before adding the glaze so that it will seep into the cake as it sits.
This easy frosting recipe yields about one cup.
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons warm water
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate and butter. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted.
2. Add half of the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of water and beat until smooth.
3. Add remaining powdered sugar and water and beat until glossy.
4. Spread the frosting over the top of cake, cupcakes or brownies.
Return to How to make Frosting
Return from Chocolate Glaze Frosting to Home