Chocolate Chip Bar Cookie Recipe
If you love chocolate, this Chocolate Chip Bar Cookie recipe is for you. Starting with the crust, these triple layer chocolate bars are full of chocolate goodness from bottom to top.
These easy bar cookies are a best seller at bake sales and a perfect addition to holiday food gift baskets.
To make clean up a breeze and to easily remove bar cookies from the pan, line the pan with aluminum foil and let it extend over the ends of the pan. When the bar cookies are cool, use the extra foil as handles to remove the cookies from the pan.
A decadent treat, this chocolate chip bar recipe yields 2-1/2 dozen.
- 1-1/2 cups (21 squares) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil, letting it extend over the ends.
2. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup cocoa, sugar and butter and mix until well blended. Press mixture firmly into bottom of baking pan.
3. In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat condensed milk, 1/4 cup cocoa, flour, egg, vanilla extract and baking powder until mixed. Stir in nuts. Spread evenly over graham cracker crust. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool. Remove from the pan and remove aluminum foil. Cut into bars.
Return to Cookie Bar Recipes
Return to Easy Baking Recipes from Chocolate Chip Bar Cookie Recipe