Easy Caramel Filled Cookies
These buttery caramel filled cookies melt in your mouth.
Caramel ice cream topping fill these thumb print cookies with gooey sweetness.
An easy cookie recipe, get the kids in the kitchen to help. They can roll the dough into balls and make their own special cookies with their individual thumb prints.
For the best tasting cookies, make the dough ahead and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Yield: 3-1/2 dozen
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
1. Sift together flour and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, cream butter. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and mix until well blended. Wrap dough tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Remove dough from refrigerator.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Space balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press thumb in the center of each ball leaving a deep indentation. Fill each thumb print with caramel ice cream topping.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the color of pale sand. Remove from oven and place cookies in a single layer on wire racks to cool.
Return to Easy to make Cookies
Return from Caramel Filled Cookies to Home