Brown Sugar Frosting
This Brown Sugar Frosting is a penuche frosting.
A rich powdered sugar frosting made with brown sugar, butter, milk and vanilla, it tastes like brown sugar fudge. Made of simple ingredients, this delicious frosting tastes anything but simple.
Although good enough to eat by itself, this easy frosting recipe makes a scrumptious frosting for cupcakes, cakes, brownies and cookies.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts. Add the milk, bring to a boil. Remove from heat, pour into a medium bowl and allow mixture to cool to lukewarm (about 10 minutes).
2. Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat well. If the frosting is too thin, add a little more powdered sugar. Spread on the cake while frosting is still warm.
Return to How to make Frosting
Return from Brown Sugar Frosting to Home