Almond Pie Crust
This crunchy, rich, sweet almond pie crust can be substituted for a baked pie shell in most recipes.
It is especially good with cream and chiffon fillings. An easy pie crust recipe, it can be mixed, baked and ready to fill in no time at all.
This easy pie crust recipe can be varied to make several different flavored pie crusts. For a walnut crust or a pecan pie crust, simply replace the almonds with the same amount of walnuts or pecans.
If you want to cut down on the calories, substitute one egg white, beaten to soft peaks, for the butter. Mix with a spoon and press into a buttered pie pan and bake for about ten minutes.
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix the ground almonds, sugar and butter with your hands.
3. Pour the mixture into the pie plate and press it firmly against the bottom and sides of pan.
4. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before filling.
Return to Best Pie Crust Recipes
Return from Almond Pie Crust to Easy Baking Recipes